Residential and Commercial Carpet Cleaning & Maintenance Program
Carpet Cleaning RESIDENTIAL
The clean you expect. The service you deserve.®
About ServiceMaster by Pagano:
A name you can trust.
More than 60 years ago, ServiceMaster Clean® began offering carpet cleaning services to homeowners. Since the 1950s, we have staked our reputation on our high-performing products and world-class service. That’s why you’ll see our distinct yellow vans in your neighborhood and others across the country.
Breathe new life back into your carpets.
No other item in your home absorbs more dirt and debris and can affect the appearance of your home like your carpets. Many carpets available today have been treated with a stain resistant coating. However, even carpets that have been treated are not completely stain proof. ServiceMaster Clean has spent years developing cleaning technologies and methods to remove even the toughest stains, such as wine, pet stains, coffee and ink.
Protect your investment.
We understand that your home is one of your biggest investments. As carpet is a substantial part of that investment, neglect or improper care can lead to matting, fading, fraying and premature and costly replacement. Regular, thorough cleaning by skilled ServiceMaster Clean professionals can extend the life of your carpet investment, maintaining its rich appearance in an affordable and consistent manner. Our research and development team works to ensure that we are using state-of-the-art products and processes to remove stains and reduce soil levels. We work to your specifications and guarantee the job is done right.
Professional carpet cleaning by ServiceMaster Clean helps:
- Eliminate dust mites, allergens and trapped-in soil
- Reduce the spread of germs, bacteria, diseases and mold
- Remove stains and spots already present
- Reduce the effects of wear, especially in high-traffic areas
- Restore the natural, clean appearance and texture of the carpets
- Extend the life of the carpets up to several years
- Protect your carpet investment using Scotchgard™ carpet protector to prevent future spots and spills from settling in
Rethink rented carpet cleaners.
Some homeowners attempt to deep clean their own carpets by using rental equipment. That equipment produces a vastly different result than ServiceMaster Clean carpet cleaning. We have trained technicians that know the exact amount of pressure to use when cleaning, which cleaning products are best for your carpet and how to remove stains, soil and spots without over wetting the carpet or leaving behind a sticky residue. And the rental machine itself is a one-pass treatment that doesn’t pre-treat spots or rinse with clean water afterward. Homeowners are left with over-wet carpets and detergent residue. ServiceMaster Clean follows a thorough, five-step cleaning process to ensure both dirt and detergent are cleaned from your carpets using high-powered, truck-mounted equipment.
WHAT TO EXPECT: What to expect with our service.
- Step 1: Inspect, with you, the area to be serviced and review of the total cost of the service.
- Step 2: Apply a pre-spray to the carpet and let it dwell for three to five minutes. The pre-spray is a detergent solution that emulsifies (breaks down) the soil embedded in the carpet.
- Step 3: Extract the detergent solution.
- Step 4: Rinse with clear water. This removes any residue that might cause the carpet to re-soil faster allowing for fresh, clean carpets.
- Step 5: Post-treat any spots that might remain.
- Step 6: Inspect the carpets with you to ensure your complete satisfaction.
- Remove breakables from the tops of furniture in the room we will be cleaning.
- Pick up items from the floor, such as rugs, plants, toys, pet beds, etc.
- Pre-vacuum all areas to be cleaned.
Note: We will place blocks under lighter items such as end tables, coffee tables, dining room chairs, loveseats, chairs and small sofas. Items we normally clean around instead of moving include beds, armoires, pieces containing china and electronics, exercise equipment and large or heavy sofas.
- Stay off freshly cleaned carpets for at least 8 hours. Walking on them may flatten the fibers. When walking on them for the next 8 hours, wear white cotton socks.
- Use air movers to help air circulation and speed up the drying time.
- If a carpet protector such as Scotchgard was applied, foot traffic should be minimized for up to 24 hours to let product cure.
- Don’t move any furniture back in place until carpet is completely dry or Scotchgard carpet protector has cured.
- If extraction was performed, wait up to two days before placing heavy furniture back onto carpet if not using blocks.
TIPS: Caring for your carpets correctly extends their life.
- Vacuuming regularly is the best way to maintain your carpets. Vacuum daily in high-traffic or pet areas. Vacuum twice weekly in medium-traffic areas. Vacuum weekly in light-traffic areas, using attachments at carpet edges.
- Be aware that one pass with a vacuum is usually not sufficient to do a thorough job. Going over it one time may be enough to remove the dirt that is on the very surface layer, but debris can work its way down into the fibers and may need to be approached multiple times, from different angles in order to be most effective.
- Use rugs or mats at doorways going in and out of your house. Outdoor and indoor mats or runners can reduce the amount of dirt that enters the house.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to resoil quicker.
- To remove a spill, blot liquids with a dry, white absorbent cloth or plain white paper towels (no prints or colors).
- Start at the outside of the spot and continue toward the center to prevent the stain from spreading. Continue blotting until the area is barely damp. Semisolids, like food spills, may need to be scooped up with a spoon. Solid, dried bits can be vacuumed up. Warning: do not scrub or use a brush. Scrubbing and brushes can damage the carpet. Fraying and texture change is the likely result.
- Pretest your chosen carpet cleaner on a scrap of carpet or in a hidden area of your carpet.
- Follow the product’s directions carefully. Apply a small amount of the cleaner to a white cloth and work in gently, from the edges to the center. Blot; don’t scrub. Never use a brush. You may need to do this several times to remove the spot.
- Some homeowners ask everyone to take off his or her shoes before entering your home. This practice saves wear and tear on the carpet.
- Change your air filters regularly. Refer to the manufacturer’s directions for your heating and air-conditioning system. The more dust and particles removed by the filter, the less that fall on the carpet.
- Rearranging furniture every few months and combing the dents to fluff them are ways to get rid of indentations that are caused by the weight of couches, chairs or tables. Rotating rugs so that they do not get worn in the same places over a long period of time is another quick way to lengthen the vibrancy of smaller floor coverings.
- Is professional carpet cleaning expensive?
Professional carpet cleaning is just pennies compared to the cost of replacing it. Call today to get an estimate from one of our professionals.
- How long will it take to have my carpets cleaned at my home?
The amount of time will be contingent on the size of the area needing to be cleaned and processes used – low moisture, portable extraction, or truck-mount extraction in terms of efficiencies and time. A highly trained ServiceMaster technician can help you pick a program best meets your needs and schedule.
- Will carpet cleaning be disruptive to my family?
The team at ServiceMaster will work with you to schedule a time convenient for you. Our technician will let you know of expected dry times that you will need to be aware of.
- Can I use household carpet cleaners for spot removal?
We recommend using only ServiceMaster Clean products. For more information, contact your local ServiceMaster Clean professional.
- How often do I need to get my carpets professionally cleaned?
To keep your carpets in your home looking their best, we recommend having your carpets professionally cleaned every 6-12 months depending on traffic. Many carpet manufacturers require professional cleaning to maintain your warranty, so save your cleaning receipts.
- When will I be able to walk on my floors after a carpet cleaning?
Allow drying time of six to eight hours before you walk on your carpet. It is best to wait two days before placing heavy furniture back onto carpet if not using blocks.
- Will there be an odor?
Depending on the type of carpet we’re cleaning, you may notice a faint scent. This is especially prevalent when cleaning wool carpets. The amount of time it takes for the odor to dissipate is usually within an hour but varies based on air circulation, heat and humidity. A big difference in the way ServiceMaster cleans carpet compared to many of our competitors is that we do not put soap in our rinse water. We pre-spray the carpets, remove the spots, then clean water extract, ensuring we do not leave any soapy residue behind allowing for fresh, clean carpets.
- Do I need to do anything prior to the technician arriving for my scheduled service?
Yes. Remove breakables from the tops of furniture in the room we will be cleaning. Pick up items from the floor, such as rugs, plants, toys, pet beds, etc.
Pre-vacuum all areas to be cleaned.
- Do I have to move furniture?
To get the best results with professional carpet cleaning, we recommend removing furniture from the rooms we will be cleaning. However, we can place blocks under lighter items such as end tables, coffee tables, dining room chairs, loveseats, chairs and small sofas. Items we clean around instead of moving include beds, armoires, pieces containing china and electronics, exercise equipment and large or heavy sofas.
- Are there instructions to follow after my carpets are cleaned?
Immediately after cleaning, it’s best to allow carpets to dry for at least 8 hours before walking on them. Walking on them may flatten the fibers. When walking on them for the next 8 hours, wear white cotton socks. Use air movers if needed to help air circulation as this will speed up the drying time. If a carpet protector such as Scotchgard was applied, foot traffic should be minimized for up to 24 hours to let product cure. Don’t move any furniture back in place until carpet is completely dry or Scotchgard carpet protector has cured. Regular maintenance includes vacuuming often and cleaning up spills immediately.
- How can I remove impressions on my carpets that heavy furniture left behind?
Our technical experts at ServiceMaster Clean recommend using a clothes steamer to remove the furniture dents. If you do not have a clothes steamer handy, you can use a kitchen towel and an iron. Place a damp towel over the carpet dent. Heat the iron to a medium heat setting then set the iron on the damp towel. You can use the steam button on the iron periodically. Remove the iron and towel to check the carpet. If it is to your liking, use your fingers to fluff the carpet. If the dent still needs work, place the warm iron on the damp towel and repeat. This process is not suitable for carpets made of olefin fiber.
RECOMMENDED CLEANING SCHEDULE
To properly maintain your carpets, they should be vacuumed weekly and spot cleaned as needed. To keep your carpets looking their best, we recommend a professional carpet cleaning every 6-12 months depending on traffic and the wear and tear. An easy way to remember when it’s time for your deep carpet cleaning is to plan around your spring cleaning schedule or when preparing holiday get togethers at your home.
or….FOR FAST SERVICE CALL 585-658-4704
Professional Commercial and Household Carpet Cleaners
ServiceMaster by Pagano makes carpets, flooring and upholstery look their best by offering the following commercial cleaning and maintenance programs.
Commercial Carpet Care: Heavy traffic, weather conditions and even the occasional dropped cup of coffee are just a few of the hazards that the average commercial carpet might be subject to. We follow the recommended cleaning procedures of your carpet’s manufacturer to ensure that your business looks it’s very best every single day. With our green cleaning materials and methods we can help you maintain a healthy workplace that is good for your employees, clients and the environment.
Maintaining a clean carpet is one of the best ways to improve your business’ overall appearance. Whether it’s regular cleaning or spot or stain removal, count on the experts at ServiceMaster Clean to thoroughly and safely restore your carpet to its original beauty.
The ServiceMaster by Pagano exclusive carpet cleaning process includes:
- Preliminary inspection of your carpets to determine the best cleaning method
- Pre-treating spots and stains
- Pre-applying shampoo to loosen ground-in soil
- Rinsing carpets using clear hot water
- Post-treating any residual stains
- Grooming carpet for efficient drying and uniform appearance
- Placing pads under furniture legs to protect the carpet while drying
- Performing final inspection with you present to ensure complete satisfaction
Upholstery Cleaning: It doesn’t take long for fabric furnishings to accumulate dirt and show wear. Our cleaning experts use special products, equipment and methods to keep your upholstery clean. Initial vacuuming, spot treatment, shampooing and frame polishing are among our services.
Your facility makes a statement to your customers, guests, and the outside world. Let us care for your upholstery, fabric office systems, and other fabric surfaces that can accumulate dirt, dust, and grime.
Commercial Carpet Cleaning by ServiceMaster by Pagano helps:
- Maintain your professional appearance
- Reduce wear, especially in high traffic areas
- Extend the life of your flooring investment